Youth and Family Intensive Outpatient Services
This evening outpatient program is for families and teens ages 11 to 17, who are experiencing signs and symptoms of depression, anxiety and/or other mood disorders.
This 4-5 week intensive outpatient program is designed specifically for teens who have significant changes in mood, behavior or personality that lasts more than a few weeks. The program is designed to treat the family as well as their youth, prevent hospitalization and ensure a smooth transition back into everyday life.
A no-cost, comprehensive evaluation provides valuable information about whether your teen suffers from depression and determines if program participation is appropriate.
Children Benefit From This Program Have:
- Been bullied at school and are depressed,
- Tried to harm themselves,
- Attempted suicide or had suicidal ideations, and/or behavioral problems, such as significant
- Decline in grades or skipping school, that have manifested due to being bullied.*
*This program is not appropriate for kids who have behaviors consistent with a conduct disorder, such as stealing, vandalizing, etc.
Participation In The Program Requires:
- Adolescents must attend the program a minimum of three days per week.
- Must be able to participate during program hours which are 4 - 7 pm (dinner is included).
- Parents/guardians must attend program a minimum of one day per week.**
- Children should be motivated to attend program.
- Children cannot require 24-hour care and should be able to function safely during non-program hours.
**This program is not appropriate for children whose parents/guardians are not involved and engaged.
Youth & Family Intensive Outpatient Program Features:
- Adolescent Coping with Depression Course and complementary parent course, including workbooks for each
- 1:1 consultations with a board-certified psychiatrist (as needed)
- Joint parent/adolescent group therapy
- Parent group therapy
- Crises Intervention
- Transition planning/aftercare
SSM Health Youth & Family Intensive Outpatient Service Locations:
Visit one of our location pages above for referral, contact or admission information.
Medicaid, Managed Medicaid, Medicare and most commercial insurances accepted.