The cornerstone of your care.
SSM Health Breast Care physicians and nurse navigators offer a higher level of personalized care. SSM Health Breast Care is dedicated to saving lives by ensuring all patients receive timely diagnosis and treatment by eliminating barriers to care. Our experienced team includes:
Breast Surgical Oncologists
From biopsies to lumpectomies and mastectomies, SSM Health's breast surgical oncologists and general surgeons will work with the rest of your cancer team to provide the expert care you need. Find a breast surgical oncologist or general surgeon.
Nurse navigators are breast health specialists at SSM Health who provide a support system for patients and their families at a critical time – from diagnosis through treatment and beyond – and serve as a guide, coordinating services provided by each patient’s unique team of physicians and circumstances. Nurse navigators are outpatient case coordinators who assist the physician and patient through what can be an emotional and complex process.
SSM Health nurse navigators will:
- Navigate the patient through the diagnostic evaluation
- Facilitate interaction between patients and their providers
- Provide logistical support
- Educate and support each patient through the process
- Remain a support system throughout the patient’s treatment and into survivorship
- Act as the point-of-contact for the patient – from pre-procedure phone assessment through any additional services needed
- Discuss the emotional impact and assess the patient’s need for social support systems and programs
Radiation Oncologists at SSM Health specialize in radiation therapy to treat cancer. They work closely with doctors, surgeons, nurse navigators and other members of your cancer team to develop the most appropriate treatment plan for you. Find an SSM Health radiation oncologist.