SSM Health Breast Care is dedicated to saving lives by ensuring all patients receive timely diagnosis and treatment by eliminating barriers to care. The breast health specialist (or nurse navigator) was created to help meet these goals. She provides a support system for the patient and family at a critical time – from diagnosis through treatment and beyond – and serves as a guide coordinating services provided by each patient’s unique team of physicians and circumstances.
Our breast health specialist will:
- Navigate the patient through the diagnostic evaluation
- Facilitate interaction between patients and their providers
- Provide logistical support
- Educate and support each patient through the process
- Remain a support system throughout the patient’s treatment and into survivorship
- Act as the point-of-contact for the patient – from pre-procedure phone assessment through any additional services needed
- Discuss the emotional impact and assess the patient’s need for social support systems and programs.
Here for the patient, from start to finish. SSM Health’s breast health specialist is an outpatient case coordinator who is here to assist the physician and patient through what can be an emotional and complex process.
SSM Health DePaul Hospital - St. Louis
SSM Health Saint Louis University Hospital
SSM Health St. Clare Hospital - Fenton
SSM Health St. Joseph Hospital - Lake Saint Louis
SSM Health St. Joseph Hospital - St. Charles
SSM Health Outpatient Center
SSM Health St. Mary’s Hospital - St. Louis