When you arrive at the DePaul Sleep Diagnostic Center, a few hours prior to your regular bedtime, you will be greeted by a trained sleep technician. He or she will show you to your hotel-like accommodations, where you should have no trouble feeling comfortable and at home. Once you are settled in and ready to begin the study, the sleep technician will attach sensors to various areas of your skin. You are free to watch television (which is provided in every room, with a wide variety of local and cable stations), read, or just relax prior to falling asleep.
Accomodations at DePaul:
- Six-bed center
- Modern hotel-like amenities including queen size beds, private bathrooms with shower, and flat screen televisions
- Bariatric furniture and bathrooms available
- Convenient front-door parking
- Consultations with sleep physician available, but not required for sleep study
- Day, night and split night studies available seven days a week
Basic monitoring includes, but is not limited to: electroencephalogram (EEG), electromyogram (EMG), electro-occulography (EOG), electrocardiogram (ECG), respiratory and oximetry.
We offer a full range of sleep studies:
- Multiple sleep latency test
- Maintenance of wakefulness test
- Daytime studies