SSM Maternity Care at DePaul Health Center
12303 DePaul Drive, Bridgeton, MO 63044
Get directions | Take the virtual tour
Find an obstetrician, gynecologist, pediatrican or specialist
The Family Birthplace at DePaul Health Center offers a welcome alternative to traditional hospital delivery. All phases of childbirth (labor, delivery, recovery, and postpartum procedures) take place in the same specially designed private suite. A quiet, private room offers a peaceful environment which allows you to bond with your newest family member, and get plenty of rest.
Safety and comfort
Our patient-family suites help us support you, no matter your chosen childbirth option. Even if the plan has to change suddenly, you can rest easy knowing that the following measures are in place for your comfort and safety:
- Your medication is bar-coded and stored in your suite, which is more efficient and safer.
- An in-room computer securely stores medical records for real-time physician and care team updates.
- An anesthesiologist dedicated to obstetrics is on-site at all times.
- For non-medicated births, we offer techniques to make you as comfortable as possible through the birth. Doulas are welcome.
- Dedicated surgical suites are on the same floor if a Cesarean section (C-section) is necessary.
- For mothers with a previous C-section, we can perform Vaginal Births After Cesarean section (VBACs) if you and your doctor determine it is appropriate and safe.
Advanced testing and high-risk care
The pregnancy and childbirth process sometimes calls for advanced testing, monitoring and even high-risk care. SSM DePaul Health Center can take care of all these things with:
Maternal-fetal medicine specialists from Saint Louis University available to care for mothers with high-risk pregnancies
A Level II Newborn Nursery supported by neonatologists from SSM Cardinal Glennon Children’s Medical Center
Pediatricians from SSM Cardinal Glennon available 24/7 to assist your obstetrician
Continuous fetal monitoring
Regular and advanced Level II ultrasound
External cephalic version (a procedure to try and turn the baby if it’s in breech or ‘feet first’ position)
Family and friends are always invited to visit unless it is deemed medically unsafe. There are no age restrictions for visiting children. However, only healthy children should visit newborns. Family is invited to relax in the “family zone” of your suite — even spend the night on a comfortable pull-out sofa.
For your family and friends that are out of town or otherwise unable to visit, they can catch a sneak peek of your little one through our secure WebNursery®.
DePaul Health Center offers room service dining for our patients. You may order meals or snacks anytime between 6:30 a.m. and 7 p.m. daily.
Childbirth Education Classes
To best prepare you and your family for the arrival a new little happy, we recommend that you participate in at least some of the childbirth, parenting or infant care classes we offer. Support groups from breastfeeding to bereavement are also available.
- Diabetes education in pregnancy
- Genetic Counseling
- “Fast track” (4-week) childbirth preparation classes
- Our lactation consultant can discuss breastfeeding with you and answer questions. She will also visit you in the hospital after you’ve had your baby to assist you.
Classes offered at DePaul Health Center
Guided tours of the Family Birthplace at DePaul Health Center are available and are a great opportunity to learn more about what we offer as well as a great opportunity to ask any questions about the labor and delivery process.
To register for a tour, please call toll-free 866-SSM-DOCS (866-776-3627).