SSM Health's Joint Replacement Center
The Joint Replacement Center (JRC) at SSM Health DePaul Hospital - St. Louis provides a first-class experience to total joint replacement patients. The JRC is a specialized hospital unit staffed by dedicated surgeons and nurses who have been recognized for advanced training in their field. The JRC is committed to joint replacement solutions that help patients return to a healthy and pain-free lifestyle as quickly as possible.
The JRC has established a reputation as a leading joint replacement center, performing nearly 1,500 knee and hip replacements each year. It is the first hospital in St. Louis to offer minimally invasive knee replacements and performs more of these procedures than any other hospital in the region.
The SSM Health Joint Replacement Center (JRC) at DePaul Hospital earned its fourth Gold Seal designation from the Joint Commission in December 2015. The JRC was the first orthopedic hospital unit in the state of Missouri to earn this quality distinction in 2009, and has continued to retain the elite status for hip and knee replacement. The Disease Specific Care Certification program for Orthopedics recognizes centers of excellence that provide exceptional patient care with required goal setting, data tracking, and results reporting to ensure patient quality and safety standards are met over a two-year period.
SSM Health Orthopedics Joint Replacement Specialists:
SSM Health Orthopedics Spine and Back Specialists:
SSM Health Hand and Upper Extremities Specialists:
Features of the Joint Replacement Center:
- Private rooms with TV, telephone, guest wireless internet access, and accommodations for family support
- Concierge room service for dietary preferences
- Streamlined pre-operative program so patients can feel confident that every part of their care has been pre-planned
- Nurse manager who coordinates all inpatient planning and is available for questions, physical therapy, and medication orders
- Streamlined postoperative program so patients can be confident that their recovery will be monitored and highly successful
- Comprehensive rehabilitation program of twice-daily, supervised therapy
- Nursing staff having advanced certification in orthopedic-specific nursing care, a distinction among joint replacement hospital units nationwide
- Physical and occupational therapists who provide continuing education on rehabilitative exercises and assistive devices
- Education to help family and friends participate as coaches in the recovery process
JRC Patient Education Booklets
Contacting the JRC
For questions about the Joint Replacement Center at SSM Health DePaul Hospital - St. Louis, or to schedule an appointment with one of our specialists, please call 314-291-7900 or contact us via email.