The Maternal & Fetal Care Center at St. Mary’s Health Center is home to our outpatient high-risk and routine pregnancy services, including fetal evaluation and diagnostic testing. Our services include:
- Full range of obstetric and maternal-fetal medicine services
- Amniocentesis – performed at 15 to 20 weeks gestation to detect chromosomal abnormalities
- Genetic testing and counseling
- Chorionic villus sampling (CVS)
- Non-invasive prenatal testing (NIPT)
- Fetal echocardiography
- Non-stress testing
- Comprehensive ultrasound – a full range of sonographic services, including fetal echocardiography and color Doppler blood flow evaluation
- Funicentesis/Cordocentesis – fetal cord blood sampling for diagnosis and management of a variety of fetal disease
Consultations with neonatologists, cardiologists and other pediatric and surgical specialists are available, both on an inpatient and outpatient basis, to help prepare families and primary care physicians for their special deliveries.
For patients requiring advanced fetal care, the St. Louis Fetal Care Institute provides advanced fetal diagnosis and monitoring, open and minimally invasive fetal surgery and EXIT deliveries.