Douglas P. Long, JD
- Laura Kaiser, President & CEO
- Mark Adams, MD, Interim Chief Clinical Officer
- Lynn Bruchhof, Chief People Officer
- Carter Dredge, Chief Transformation Officer
- Maggie Fowler, Chief Nursing Officer
- Paula Friedman, Chief Strategy Officer
- Alexander Garza, MD, Chief Quality Officer
- Chris Howard, Chief Operations Officer
- Marcus Julian Interim President/CEO Dean Health Plan
- Carolyn Koenig, Chief Administrative Officer
- Philip Loftus, Chief Innovation Officer
- Douglas P. Long, JD, General Counsel
- Patrick McCruden Chief Mission Integration Officer
- Kris Zimmer, Chief Financial Officer
As General Counsel, Douglas P. Long, JD, is responsible for leading and optimizing legal services across SSM Health, while also providing assistance on important governance issues and strategic legal matters. Long brings many years of experience, specializing in corporate and tax law, and issues relating to Catholic health care, hospital and physician transactions, and mergers and acquisitions. Before joining SSM Health, Long worked as a shareholder at the law firm of Hall, Render, Killian, Heath & Lyman, P.C., in Indianapolis.
He has published articles in The Tax Lawyer, Journal of Partnership Taxation, The Tax Executive, Insurance Law Journal, Drake Law Review and other journals. He was named one of The Best Lawyers in America® from 2011-2018. Long is admitted to the bars of Missouri, Indiana, Illinois, the United States Tax Court and the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals.
He received a bachelor’s degree in accounting from Indiana University in Bloomington and has passed the CPA exam. Long received a Juris Doctor degree from Harvard University in Cambridge, Mass.