Laura S. Kaiser
President/Chief Executive Officer
- Laura Kaiser, President & CEO
- Mark Adams, MD, Interim Chief Clinical Officer
- Lynn Bruchhof, Chief People Officer
- Carter Dredge, Chief Transformation Officer
- Maggie Fowler, Chief Nursing Officer
- Paula Friedman, Chief Strategy Officer
- Alexander Garza, MD, Chief Quality Officer
- Chris Howard, Chief Operations Officer
- Marcus Julian Interim President/CEO Dean Health Plan
- Carolyn Koenig, Chief Administrative Officer
- Philip Loftus, Chief Innovation Officer
- Douglas P. Long, JD, General Counsel
- Patrick McCruden Chief Mission Integration Officer
- Kris Zimmer, Chief Financial Officer
As President/Chief Executive Officer of SSM Health, Laura S. Kaiser, FACHE, leads a Catholic not-for-profit health system serving communities across the Midwest through a robust and fully integrated health care delivery system. Headquartered in St. Louis, SSM Health includes 24 hospitals, more than 300 physician offices and other outpatient care sites, 10 post-acute facilities, comprehensive home care and hospice services, a pharmacy benefit company, an insurance company and an Accountable Care Organization. The organization’s more than 40,000 employees and 10,000 providers are committed to delivering exceptional health care services and revealing God’s healing presence to everyone they serve.
Since joining SSM Health in May 2017, Ms. Kaiser has been focused on ensuring patients and health plan members experience consistently exceptional care and service, and that SSM Health is a vibrant part of each community in which it serves. She has more than 30 years of experience in improving clinical quality, fueling innovation, managing operational performance and growth, leading change management, and successfully facilitating health care integration.
Ms. Kaiser previously served as Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer for Intermountain Healthcare and held a number of senior leadership roles at Ascension Health, including Regional Executive for the Gulf Coast/Florida region and President/CEO at Sacred Heart Health System in Pensacola, FL.
Over the years, Ms. Kaiser has served on numerous not-for-profit boards. She currently serves on the American Hospital Association Health Strategy & Innovation Committee, the Nuance Communications Board, the St. Louis Regional Business Council and the Scottsdale Institute Board.
Ms. Kaiser earned a Bachelor of Science from the University of Missouri, as well as a Master of Business Administration and Master of Healthcare Administration from Saint Louis University. She is a Fellow of the American College of Healthcare Executives, and in 2017 was named one of the “Top 25 Women in Healthcare” by Modern Healthcare magazine.