Mark Adams, MD
Interim Chief Clinical Officer
- Laura Kaiser, President & CEO
- Mark Adams, MD, Interim Chief Clinical Officer
- Lynn Bruchhof, Chief People Officer
- Carter Dredge, Chief Transformation Officer
- Maggie Fowler, Chief Nursing Officer
- Paula Friedman, Chief Strategy Officer
- Alexander Garza, MD, Chief Quality Officer
- Chris Howard, Chief Operations Officer
- Marcus Julian Interim President/CEO Dean Health Plan
- Carolyn Koenig, Chief Administrative Officer
- Philip Loftus, Chief Innovation Officer
- Douglas P. Long, JD, General Counsel
- Patrick McCruden Chief Mission Integration Officer
- Kris Zimmer, Chief Financial Officer
As Interim Chief Clinical Officer for SSM Health, Mark Adams, MD, is responsible for leading and driving patient safety, clinical quality, and clinical performance across hospital, physician, ambulatory and post-acute care operations. He works closely with system leaders, regional SSM Health Medical Group presidents, and post-acute care and hospital operations leaders to ensure SSM Health is providing exceptional patient care across the full continuum.
Dr. Adams most recently served as System CMO at PeaceHealth in Vancouver, Wash., where he successfully led a large multispecialty medical group, creating a new dyad structure and supporting improvements in quality measures and patient satisfaction. Dr. Adams also has served as Chief Medical Officer for CHI Franciscan Health System and held many other leadership roles in addition to spending nearly 25 years as a thoracic and vascular surgeon.
He earned a bachelor's degree and his medical degree from the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia and completed his surgery residency and fellowship at the University of Washington in Seattle. He is board certified in general surgery and in vascular surgery.