Paula J. Friedman
Chief Strategy Officer
- Laura Kaiser, President & CEO
- Mark Adams, MD, Interim Chief Clinical Officer
- Lynn Bruchhof, Chief People Officer
- Carter Dredge, Chief Transformation Officer
- Maggie Fowler, Chief Nursing Officer
- Paula Friedman, Chief Strategy Officer
- Alexander Garza, MD, Chief Quality Officer
- Chris Howard, Chief Operations Officer
- Marcus Julian Interim President/CEO Dean Health Plan
- Carolyn Koenig, Chief Administrative Officer
- Philip Loftus, Chief Innovation Officer
- Douglas P. Long, JD, General Counsel
- Patrick McCruden Chief Mission Integration Officer
- Kris Zimmer, Chief Financial Officer
As Chief Strategy Officer, Paula Friedman is responsible for short- and long-term strategic positioning, which includes strategic planning, mergers, acquisitions, affiliations, patient and physician satisfaction and systems improvement across the four states in which SSM Health operates.
In her 26 years at SSM Health, she has served in a variety of roles including, strategic planning, business development, physician-hospital organization development, managed care contracting and operations, and performance improvement. She served more than six years as a Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award examiner and was one of the 12 national Baldrige judges who evaluated high performing organizations on the use of the Baldrige performance excellence criteria.
In 2010, she was named to the St. Louis Business Journal’s list of "Most Influential Business Women."
Friedman holds a master's degree in business administration from California State Polytechnic University in Pomona and a bachelor's degree in business administration from California State University in Fullerton.