Chief Innovation Officer
- Laura Kaiser, President & CEO
- Mark Adams, MD, Interim Chief Clinical Officer
- Lynn Bruchhof, Chief People Officer
- Carter Dredge, Chief Transformation Officer
- Maggie Fowler, Chief Nursing Officer
- Paula Friedman, Chief Strategy Officer
- Alexander Garza, MD, Chief Quality Officer
- Chris Howard, Chief Operations Officer
- Marcus Julian Interim President/CEO Dean Health Plan
- Carolyn Koenig, Chief Administrative Officer
- Philip Loftus, Chief Innovation Officer
- Douglas P. Long, JD, General Counsel
- Patrick McCruden Chief Mission Integration Officer
- Kris Zimmer, Chief Financial Officer
As Chief Innovation Officer, Philip Loftus, PhD, sets the course for IT (Integrated Health Technologies) and clinical engineering (Healthcare Technology Management) for SSM Health’s acute-care hospitals, physician practices and nursing homes. He is also responsible for SSM’s supply chain and the Navitus pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and Lumicera specialty pharmacy businesses.
Loftus brings extensive knowledge and a clear passion for IT drawn from experience in both the health care and pharmaceutical industries. Prior to joining SSM Health, Loftus served as CIO for Aurora Health Care in Milwaukee, where he led the implementation of the Epic electronic health record system. He also developed and implemented a comprehensive IT strategy to support the health system’s goal of forming a more closely integrated delivery system following rapid growth.
He earned a doctorate in computer-based modeling and simulation from the University of Liverpool in the United Kingdom and was a Fulbright Hayes Postdoctoral Fellow with the California Institute of Technology.