Steve Smoot, FACHE
Chief Operations Officer
- Laura Kaiser, President & CEO
- Carter Dredge, Chief Transformation Officer
- Maggie Fowler, Chief Nursing Officer
- Paula Friedman, Chief Strategy Officer
- Alexander Garza, MD, Chief Quality Officer
- Chris Howard, Chief Operations Officer
- David Fields, President Dean Health Plan
- Carolyn Koenig, Chief Administrative Officer
- Philip Loftus, Chief Innovation Officer
- Douglas P. Long, JD, General Counsel
- Patrick McCruden Chief Mission Integration Officer
- Kris Zimmer, Chief Financial Officer
As Chief Operations Officer, Mr. Smoot will oversee all of SSM Health’s hospital, medical group and other major business operations across Illinois, Missouri, Oklahoma and Wisconsin.
He has more than 20 years of health care industry experience and a strong track record of success in strategy, operational transformation, physician partnership, philanthropy and community service. Most recently, he served as Associate Chief Operating Officer for Intermountain Healthcare. Mr. Smoot previously held several other senior leadership roles at Intermountain, including Administrator at both Cedar Hospital in Cedar City, Utah, and Utah Valley Hospital in Provo, Utah, as well as Regional Vice President of Intermountain’s south region. Prior to joining Intermountain, he also led operations at community hospitals in Kentucky and Montana.
Mr. Smoot holds a bachelor's degree in hospital administration from Weber State University, a master’s of business administration degree from Brigham Young University and is a Fellow of the American College of Healthcare Executives. Also, he is a recipient of the American College of Healthcare Executives’ Regents Award in both Montana and Utah.