Douglas P. Long, JD
- Laura Kaiser, President & CEO
- Carter Dredge, Chief Transformation Officer
- Maggie Fowler, Chief Nursing Officer
- Paula Friedman, Chief Strategy Officer
- Alexander Garza, MD, Chief Quality Officer
- Chris Howard, Chief Operations Officer
- David Fields, President Dean Health Plan
- Carolyn Koenig, Chief Administrative Officer
- Philip Loftus, Chief Innovation Officer
- Douglas P. Long, JD, General Counsel
- Patrick McCruden Chief Mission Integration Officer
- Kris Zimmer, Chief Financial Officer
As SSM Health’s General Counsel, Douglas P. Long is responsible for leading and optimizing legal services across SSM Health, while also providing assistance on important governance issues and strategic legal matters. Mr. Long brings many years of experience, specializing in corporate and tax law, and issues relating to Catholic health care, hospital and physician transactions, and mergers and acquisitions. Mr. Long has spent most of his career as a shareholder of Hall, Render, Killian, Heath & Lyman, P.C., in Indianapolis and became SSM Health’s General Counsel in 2017.
He has published articles in The Tax Lawyer, Journal of Partnership Taxation, The Tax Executive, Insurance Law Journal, Drake Law Review and other journals. He has been recognized as one of The Best Lawyers in America® since 2011. Mr. Long is admitted to the bars of Missouri, Indiana, Illinois, the United States Tax Court and the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals.
Mr. Long holds a bachelor’s degree in accounting from Indiana University, passed the CPA exam, and holds a Juris Doctor degree from Harvard University.