Kris A. Zimmer
Chief Financial Officer
- Laura Kaiser, President & CEO
- Carter Dredge, Chief Transformation Officer
- Maggie Fowler, Chief Nursing Officer
- Paula Friedman, Chief Strategy Officer
- Alexander Garza, MD, Chief Quality Officer
- Chris Howard, Chief Operations Officer
- David Fields, President Dean Health Plan
- Carolyn Koenig, Chief Administrative Officer
- Philip Loftus, Chief Innovation Officer
- Douglas P. Long, JD, General Counsel
- Patrick McCruden Chief Mission Integration Officer
- Kris Zimmer, Chief Financial Officer
As Chief Financial Officer, Kris Zimmer is responsible for direction and oversight of all SSM Health’s financial services, including long-term positioning, operational finance, financial and regulatory reporting, internal audit, financial planning, capital management, bond financing and investment activities, across SSM Health’s four-state network.
Mr. Zimmer has more than 32 years of experience at the most senior levels of health care management and four years of health care consulting experience. Prior to joining SSM Health, Mr. Zimmer served as chief financial officer (CFO) at Norton Healthcare in Kentucky, CFO at Mount Carmel Health and St. Ann’s Hospital in Columbus Ohio, and CFO at Southwest Regional Medical Center in Cambridge Ohio. He is a CPA (inactive), certified management accountant, and a fellow in the Healthcare Financial Management Association.
Mr. Zimmer holds bachelor’s degrees in accounting and finance from Miami University in Oxford, Ohio and a Master of Management from the J. L. Kellogg Graduate School of Management at Northwestern University.