Laura S. Kaiser
President/Chief Executive Officer
- Laura Kaiser, President & CEO
- Carter Dredge, Chief Transformation Officer
- Maggie Fowler, Chief Nursing Officer
- Paula Friedman, Chief Strategy Officer
- Alexander Garza, MD, Chief Quality Officer
- Chris Howard, Chief Operations Officer
- David Fields, President Dean Health Plan
- Carolyn Koenig, Chief Administrative Officer
- Philip Loftus, Chief Innovation Officer
- Douglas P. Long, JD, General Counsel
- Patrick McCruden Chief Mission Integration Officer
- Kris Zimmer, Chief Financial Officer
As President/Chief Executive Officer of SSM Health, Laura S. Kaiser, FACHE, leads a Catholic not-for-profit health system serving communities across the Midwest through a robust and fully integrated health care delivery system.
Since joining SSM Health in May 2017, Ms. Kaiser has been focused on ensuring patients and health plan members experience consistently exceptional care and service, and that SSM Health ministry is a vibrant part of each community in which it serves. She has more than 30 years of experience in improving clinical quality, fueling innovation, managing operational performance and growth, leading change management, and successfully facilitating health care integration.
Ms. Kaiser previously served for five years as Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer for Intermountain Healthcare. She also served for 15 years at Ascension Health in a number of senior leadership roles, including Regional Executive for the Gulf Coast/Florida region and President/CEO at Sacred Heart Health System in Pensacola, FL.
Over the years, Ms. Kaiser has served on numerous boards. She currently serves on the boards of Nuance Communications and the Scottsdale Institute, as well as on the American Hospital Association Health Strategy & Innovation Committee and the St. Louis Regional Business Council.
Ms. Kaiser earned a Bachelor of Science from the University of Missouri, a Master of Business Administration and a Master of Healthcare Administration from Saint Louis University. She is a Fellow of the American College of Healthcare Executives, and in 2017 was named one of the “Top 25 Women in Healthcare” by Modern Healthcare magazine.