Our mission in the Molecular Cytogenetics Laboratory at SSM Cardinal Glennon Children's Medical Center is to provide the best laboratory services available.
Our goal is to provide patients with the best diagnostic testing in the shortest time possible. To support that goal, we are committed to:
- Excellence in quality
- Excellence in turn-around time
- Reasonable fees
- Free consultation by board-certified molecular cytogeneticists
- Educational seminars upon request
About Our Lab
We offer up-to-date diagnostic testing and state-of-the-art cytogenetics and molecular techniques. To ensure fast and easy access, you can request services by phone, fax or email.
Types of Testing Available
Specimen Collection Information
Shipping and Handling
Please review our shipping and handling policies:
- All tissue specimens should be placed in culture media before being transported.
- Bone marrow specimens that require overnight shipping have to be placed in transport media.
- Culture media will be supplied by Cardinal Glennon's laboratory upon request.
- Request forms and billing information must accompany every specimen.
- Please inform the Cytogenetics Laboratory at 314-577-5393 prior to sending any specimens.
Send specimens at room temperature to:
SSM Cardinal Glennon Children's Medical Center
Attn: Molecular Cytogenetics Laboratory Room B421
1465 S. Grand Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63104
If you do not have a courier or a Federal Express account number, please call the Cytogenetics Laboratory at 314-577-5393.
We offer two payment options: hospital billing and insurance billing.
Hospital billing is done when the hospital is to be billed directly, as in a contract account. Fill out Cytogenetic requisition form, including hospital name (usually the hospital where the specimen was collected).
Fill out Cytogenetic requisition form. Enclose all insurance information. Include patient's social security number, home address, phone numbers, place of employment and employment phone number.
To reach our office, please call 314-577-5393 or email Dr. Batanian. Our fax is 314-268-6489.
Medicare Provider #: 26-3300
CAP #: 9365182
CLIA #: 26D2097824