SSM Health Hospice & Home Health Foundation supports life-honoring services to those in need. And though not all services are provided in each region we serve, funds raised locally are kept local. Services we raise funds for include:
- Patient and Family Emergency Assistance (The Dr. Robert Kingsbury Patient and Family Emergency Assistance Fund): Helps qualified patients with expenses to maintain quality of life, such as rent, utility payments and more.
- Camp MAGIC: Helps children work through their grief after experiencing the loss of a loved one.
- Comfort Touch Massage Therapy: Available to hospice patients to promote relief from pain. This massage therapy is offered on a complimentary basis.
- Music Therapy (Peaceful Harmony): Utilizes live music to decrease a patient’s anxiety and pain, promote relaxation, facilitate communication and improve overall quality of life. A certified music therapist provides this service.
- My Legacy: Gives hospice patients the opportunity to preserve their memories and stories through video Life Reviews and photos.
- Memories That Last: Helps make our hospice patients’ last wishes come true.
- Peaceful Moments: Provides a reassuring presence to patients and families or to patients who would otherwise be alone in their final hours of life.
- We Honor Veterans: Provides our staff with the tools necessary to respectfully recognize patients for military service, as well as provide valuable resources to veterans receiving end-of-life care.
- Rehabilitative Therapies (The Vickie Horst Memorial Rehabilitation Fund): This program covers services not reimbursed by government or commercial pay for physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy.