At SSM Health, our ophthalmology department offers the full spectrum of diagnostics and treatment to help correct or preserve your vision.
Our ophthalmologists are pioneers in corrective eye surgery and treat all conditions that affect the eyes, including cataracts, glaucoma, macular degeneration, corneal disorders, diabetic retinopathy and pediatric eye problems. Using the newest and most advanced techniques, we perform complex treatments including laser vision correction, cataract surgery, and corneal transplants. We also specialize in oculoplastic surgery to help people with eyelid or tear duct problems - and provide routine eye exams, prescription contacts and eye glasses, and medical-related exams for patients with underlying conditions such as diabetes and hypertension.
Focusing completely on your individual needs, we partner with you and your referring physician to help you achieve optimal vision at every stage of life.
Procedures & Treatments
Every person’s eyes are different. At SSM Health, our doctors carefully examine your eyes and medical history to understand your unique situation and develop a care plan that’s best for you. We use state-of-the-art surgical techniques and treatment options to better serve your vision needs. As a result, we are able to help you achieve the best vision possible.
Our advanced treatment options include:
- Cataract surgery and treatment, including small incision cataract surgery
- Corneal transplants
- Eye muscle surgery
- Laser vision correction options, including:
- LASIK (laser in-situ keratomileusis)
- PRK (photorefractive keratectomy)
- LASEK (laser epithelial keratomileusis)
- ICL (implantable collamer lenses)
- CLE (clear lens extraction)
- Eyelid, tear ducts and orbit surgery and disease management
- Glaucoma surgery and treatment
- Intraocular surgery
- Lens implant surgery
- Oculoplastic surgery
- Retinal and vitreous surgery and treatment
- Treatment of age-related macular degeneration
- Strabismus treatment (pediatric and adult)
Find an eye care specialist near you, and schedule an appointment today. We’ll be happy to discuss your vision needs, so you see the world more clearly through healthy eyes.