Since 2011, the NAACP and SSM Health Good Samaritan Hospital - Mt. Vernon have partnered together to award a $2,500 educational scholarship to students from a diverse background with plans to complete a degree in a health-care-related field. Individuals who reside in Jefferson County and are currently enrolled in, or plan to begin their degree in a health care-related degree program in the fall of 2018, are eligible to apply.
- Open, print and complete the application
- Include the following documents when you submit your application:
- Copy of your most recent transcripts
- Minimum of two letters of recommendations from supervisors, instructors, etc.
- Letter of acceptance to degree program (if available)
- Essay describing why you are pursuing a degree in your chosen career
- Mail all application materials to:
System Vice President, Human Resources
SSM Health Good Samaritan Hospital - Mt. Vernon
1 Good Samaritan Way
Mt. Vernon, IL 62864
Applications and all documentation are due by December 31, 2017. Incomplete applications will not be considered.