SSM Health at Home provides a variety of services to meet your home health care and hospice needs. Our services can be arranged quickly and efficiently through a single phone call.
What are the Requirements for Receiving Home Health Services?
- You must be homebound, at least temporarily
- You require care that is considered skilled, according to Medicare/Medicaid
- You require care that is reasonable and necessary
- A physician must order and certify that you are homebound
- If nursing is needed, it must be “intermittent” - more than one visit and less than daily
What are the Requirements for Receiving Hospice Services?
To be eligible for hospice services, a patient’s physician and SSM Health at Home Hospice’s medical director must certify that a patient is in the advanced stages of a life-threatening illness with a life expectancy of six months or less.
Make a Referral to SSM Health at Home
Referrals can be made by physicians, other health care professionals, social workers, and representatives from hospitals and skilled nursing facilities. Patients, family members and friends can also make referrals.
To make a referral:
- Call 314-989-2700
- Fax the required forms to 314-989-2904
Once you return the required referral forms, we’ll review them and contact you in a timely manner.