Patient Transfers to Saint Louis University Hospital
Transferring a patient to SSM Health Saint Louis University Hospital requires only one call to 866-491-0858. Your call will be answered by our Call Center coordinators 24 hours a day.
Available to physicians only, this one call line offers physicians the ability to ask questions or speak to a trauma center specialists.
Referring a Patient
To refer a patient, please follow the steps below for a seamless transition:
- Call 866-491-0858
- State your request to transfer a trauma patient.
- To streamline your transfer, your call will be immediately forwarded to an emergency medicine physician.
- The call center coordinator will stay on the line while you discuss the patient and start the transferring process.
- For your convenience, complete a transfer template to serve as a guideline for report. This form should accompany the patient.
- Every effort will be made to transfer your patient immediately.
- During this time, please prepare the following in anticipation of transfer:
- Copy of Patient’s Medical Record
- Copy of scene trip sheet
- Push all radiological films (if unable to push films prior to transfer, place on film or CD/DVD)
- Transfer to Trauma Center form for ED-to-ED transfer OR Transfer Summary if patient is a Direct Admit from an ICU/floor
- As soon as an appropriate bed has been identified, the call center coordinators will contact you.
- The call center coordinator will give you’re the room number and direct telephone number to call nursing report.
- The nurse from the sending facility should contact the SLU Hospital ED nurse at 314-577-8777 for nursing report.
- A follow-up letter on your patient will be mailed to your facility after the patient is discharged. If you would like to receive information on your patient sooner, please contact our Trauma Program Manager, Pam Golden, APRN, MSN-CS, CCRN, TNS at 314-577-8773 or firstname.lastname@example.org.