This one-year, PGY-2 Ambulatory Care Pharmacy Residency through St. Louis College of Pharmacy is based at SSM Health St. Mary’s Hospital – St. Louis. The candidate chosen for this position will work in the hospital’s Maternal & Fetal Care Center and outpatient medical clinic, both of which serve underprivileged patients from Missouri and Illinois. Required clinical rotations focus on internal medicine and women’s health, including gynecology and high-risk obstetrics.
The candidate must complete a longitudinal practice management experience, which requires developing or expanding a pharmacy service. Two elective opportunities are available with other ambulatory care preceptors in the St. Louis area.
The program provides residents with the opportunity to:
- Practice in an academic internal medicine clinic, family medicine practice, department of health and patient-centered medical home.
- Enjoy experiences at other pharmacist-managed ambulatory clinics in the St. Louis area.
- Participate as part of an active team in a high-risk obstetrics clinic.
- Gain experience managing chronic and pregnancy-induced diseases in low and high-risk pregnancy patients in an interdisciplinary maternal-fetal medicine practice.
- Learn skills to care for patients with multiple disease states and manage primary care and specialty clinic practices.
- Practice in diverse ambulatory care settings and to become an entry-level faculty member at a pharmacy college.
- Build teaching experience through opportunities to develop an Advanced Pharmacy Practice Experience (APPE) rotation, precept pharmacy students and provide small and large group lectures at the college.
To apply for this residency position or learn more about it, please contact:
Alicia Forinash, Pharm.D., BCPS