Do you want a great career in healthcare, but don’t have an interest in going to school for two years or more? Well, you’re in luck. Pharmacy technicians have a rewarding a fulfilling career, with benefits and job security.
In 2012, pharmacy technician was recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of “The 15 Best Jobs for Young People.” Jobs were rated based on pay, growth potential, and annual position openings. According to the 2014 Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of pharmacy technicians is expected to grow by 35,000 positions from 2014 to 2024. Similarly, in the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) 2016-2020 Pharmacy Forecast, 54% of the panel experts predict entry-level pharmacy technician salaries are likely to increase by 25% in the next four years. By choosing to become a pharmacy technician you can be assured you have chosen a great career!
Our pharmacy technician training program will prepare you with the knowledge and skills to become a nationally certified pharmacy technician. At SSM Health Medical Group and SSM Health St. Mary’s Hospital – Madison we strive to be exceptional and we will make sure you are too!
The Benefits of Joining Our Program
- No pharmacy or health care experience required
- Over 400 hours of on-the-job training in a variety of pharmacy technician positions to help you determine where you would like to pursue a career
- Only six months from start to finish
- Paid registration for the nationally recognized Pharmacy Technician Certification Boar Exam
- Individuals who complete the program may be considered for employment at SSM Health Dean Medical Group and SSM Health St. Mary’s Hospital - Madison
- 12 weeks of classroom and simulated technician activities at SSM Health St. Mary’s Hospital - Madison
- Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday: 8 am - 4 pm
- 12 weeks of on-site rotations including experience in a community pharmacy and hospital pharmacy settings
- Community pharmacy rotations at SSM Health Pharmacies
- Hospital and sterile product rotations at SSM Health St. Mary’s Hospital - Madison and SSM Health St. Mary’s Hospital - Janesville
- Monday through Friday: 8 hours per day / 40 hours per week
- $2,500 (reduced from normal cost of $3,500)
- We encourage applicants to complete the application as soon as possible as we do use a rolling admission process
For more information, contact our Program Director by phone at 608-250-1415.
For more information about our program, reference our frequently asked questions.