Maternity at St. Mary's Hospital - Jefferson City
Preparing for your baby and the changes he or she will bring is a big part of your pregnancy. There are times of excitement and times of overwhelming emotion. From family planning to ensuring a successful delivery, we take care of your pregnancy every step of the way at the Blessed Beginnings Family Birth Center at SSM Health St. Mary’s Hospital - Jefferson City.
Our premier birth center has 14 spacious, hotel-inspired LDRP (labor, delivery, recovery and post-partum) suites that allow mom and baby to stay in one comfortable space for the entire childbirth experience. Expectant moms and their families will experience the miracle of birth in an ultra-modern, spa-like setting that caters to their every need. The latest advances in care and technology are also featured, including a Level II Nursery equipped to handle more complicated births, exceptional board-certified physicians, a full-time lactation consultant and a 24/7 team of anesthesiologists to manage pain.
SSM Health supports many options for childbirth. We always keep your wishes and plans in mind first and will always work with your personal and family goals should the situation remain safe to do so. When you're ready to deliver, your care team will include highly skilled and experienced maternity specialists:
- Board-certified obstetricians
- Pediatricians with neonatology training
- Anesthesiologists specializing in obstetrics
- Specially trained and certified labor and delivery nurses
- Certified neonatal nurses to care for newborns
- Certified lactation consultant and breastfeeding educators
Birthing Suite Amenities
The Blessed Beginnings Family Birth Center at SSM Health St. Mary’s Hospital - Jefferson City offers a welcome alternative to traditional hospital delivery. In our fresh, comfortable setting, we provide personal one-on-one attention for mother and baby that includes care and instruction from highly trained nurses.
Typically, all phases of childbirth — labor, delivery, recovery, and postpartum — take place in the same specially designed private suite. A quiet, private room offers a peaceful environment, which allows you to bond with your newest family member, and get plenty of rest. Our modern LDRP rooms include:
- The comforts of a fine hotel, with state-of- the-art technology tucked away until you need it
- Spa-like amenities, including an oversized bathroom and shower with body jets, mini-fridge and more
- Technology that keeps you connected, including free Wi-Fi, large flat-panel TV and more
- A gourmet dinner for you and a guest, a meal-to-go and fresh-baked cookies
- Large, modern rooms to accommodate your visitors, as well as a comfortable couch for overnight guest
- Large windows with beautiful nature views
Caring for Your Newborn
Our nursing team is here around the clock to help you learn how to care for your new baby. We’ll help you develop confidence in your parenting skills before you go home.
When you’re resting or if your baby needs extra attention, we've taken extra steps to ensure your baby’s health and safety:
- Level I nursery for healthy newborns
- Level II nursery for those newborns with health concerns or special needs.
- Should any concerns arise, our TeleNICU program allows us to consult with the expert SLUCare Physician Group neonatologists at SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children’s Hospital and perform remote evaluations.
- A state-of-the-art computerized monitoring system that keeps babies and their families safe and secure.
The Importance of an Education
To best prepare you and your family for the arrival a new baby, we recommend that you participate in at least some of the childbirth, parenting or infant care classes we offer including:
- Childbirth Preparation
- Infant Massage (for after baby is born)
- Infant CPR
- Super Siblings
- Breastfeeding (a class to help you prepare for breastfeeding)
- Growing Babies Breastfeeding Support Group
Take the next step to prepare for your little one’s arrival and register for a class today.
Whether you’re expecting, or trying to conceive, trust the team at SSM Health St. Mary’s Hospital – Jefferson City. We’ll partner with you on this exciting new chapter in your life. Find the nearest OB/GYN today and get started.