Inpatient Mental Health Care for Seniors
When someone ages, we look for traditional health concerns like physical pain. But it’s important to also be aware of a person’s significant life events such as the loss of loved ones, challenges to physical independence and potential complications from the use of multiple medications.
Your mental health is important at every step of life’s journey and the senior inpatient care team at SSM Health values that. They’re here to provide the passionate and loving care senior adults need when experiencing significant loss of functional abilities due to overwhelming stress, thought disorder, mood disorder and anxiety.
Senior Inpatient Program Components
- 1:1 consultation with a board-certified psychiatrist
- 1:1 consultation with a medical doctor
- Pharmacist review and evaluation of current medications
- Reminiscent therapy
- Recreational therapy
- Art and music therapy
- Physical and occupational therapy
- Transition planning and aftercare