Transitional Mental Care Program for Adults & Seniors
Mental health disorders, like all health conditions, require care, attention and management. SSM Health helps with all three of these and more for our adult and senior patients. We’ve developed an outpatient program that provides the utmost care to those with bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, depression and anxiety disorder, just to name a few.
This particular outpatient program was designed around enhancing the physical, mental, cognitive and social well-being of adults and seniors. SSM Health uses both group and individual therapy options to provide patients with a more holistic approach to managing their condition.
Transitional Care Program Components
- Monthly one-on-one consultation with psychiatrist
- Individualized treatment planning and therapy
- Group therapy
- Four therapeutic groups per day from 9 am - 2 pm with continental breakfast and lunch provided
- Participation required a minimum of three days per week
- Case management
- Life skills education
- Transition planning and aftercare