At the Knights of Columbus Developmental Center, we are dedicated to providing comprehensive care for children with developmental disorders. Our multidisciplinary team provides ongoing support to help your child reach their highest potential, including evaluation, treatment and care, family guidance and innovative research.
Our SLUCare Physician Group diagnostic team works alongside your child’s pediatrician to develop an individual care plan to best serve your child.
When to Have Your Child Evaluated
If you’re concerned about your child, review the questions below. If you answer “yes” to any of them, consider having your child evaluated by a developmental specialist.
- Do you have concerns about your child’s development?
- Do they have a delay in coordination?
- Are they struggling to understand and express their needs?
- Are they experiencing hyperactivity or an inability to focus?
- Are they struggling with their fine motor skills, such as cutting, drawing or buttoning?
- Are you concerned your child may have autism?
- Do you have concerns about how your child interacts with you or other children?
Patients We Work With
We work with a variety of pediatric patients, including those with:
- Autism spectrum disorders
- Developmental delays
- Language and social delay
- Intellectual disabilities
- Genetic syndromes with behavioral or developmental impact
Becoming a Patient at the Knights of Columbus Developmental Center
Our goal is to help all children succeed and thrive in their environments. Your child’s pediatrician should always be your first point of contact when you have a concern. They will be able to fully evaluate your child and suggest any next steps that may need to be taken. To become a patient at the Knights of Columbus Developmental Center, every child requires a physician referral. Once we receive the referral, you will be contacted to schedule an appointment.
Early Intervention Services
Early intervention is critical for children with special needs, and we understand the urgency you may feel to have your child evaluated as quickly as possible. If you are waiting for an evaluation, consider using the resources below:
For Children Under 3
Parents as Teachers support families before school entry and provides periodic screenings to help you understand your child’s development. You can enroll your child in Parents as Teachers by contacting your local school district. Other local early intervention programs include:
- St. Louis: First Steps 314-435-9203
- Missouri: First Steps 866-583-2392
- Illinois: Child and Family Connections 1-800-323-4769
For Children Over 3
Contact the special education program at your local school district. They can provide you with a variety of resources to help you support your child’s development.
The team at the Knights of Columbus Developmental Center has extensive experience helping children with various developmental issues. Our compassionate and forward-thinking experts provide the latest methods of diagnosis and treatment, tailored to the needs of your child and family. If you’re concerned about your child, contact their pediatrician today and start the conversation.