At SSM Health, our SLUCare Physician Group experts in pediatric gynecology are skilled at the evaluation and treatment of conditions related to the female reproductive system in infants, children and adolescents. We see patients from birth through young adulthood for conditions ranging from menstrual problems to abnormalities that require reconstructive surgery. Our team makes a special effort to treat our young patients with sensitivity and respect.
Pediatric Gynecology Services
The conditions most commonly evaluated by our pediatric gynecology team include:
- Abnormal appearance of genitalia
- Abnormal pap smears in adolescents
- Abnormal vaginal discharge
- Endometriosis in adolescents
- Human papillomavirus (HPV) infections and HPV vaccination
- Lichen sclerosus
- Labial adhesions
- Menstrual problems, such as irregular, excessive or painful periods
- Ovarian insufficiency
- Pelvic/ovarian masses
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
- Premature or delayed puberty
- Premature ovarian failure
- Premenstrual syndrome and premenstrual dysphoric disorder
- Sexually transmitted infections (STIs)
- Teen sexual health
- Vulvar disorders
- Yeast infections
We offer pediatric gynecology services for children and adolescents at SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children’s Hospital.
As a parent, you can trust that our pediatric gynecology team understand the unique developmental, physical and emotional needs of our younger patients. If you have questions or concerns about your child’s reproductive health, contact us at 314-577-5347 to schedule an appointment with us today.