Know the Signs of a Heart Attack
Know the signs and symptoms of a heart attack so you can act fast when an emergency hits.
Learn More >
Emergency Medicine Conditions & Symptoms We Treat
Every day, we see and treat people in a variety of emergency situations, including:
- Heart attacks and other causes of chest pain
- Numbness or weakness in the face, arm, or leg
- Sudden dizziness, loss of coordination or balance
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- Injuries from accidents at home and work
- Motor vehicle accident injuries
- Abdominal pain
- Burn injuries
- Emotional distress
- Difficulty speaking
- Sudden blurred vision
- Loss of consciousness
- Coughing up or vomiting blood
- Deep cuts or bleeding that won’t stop
- Fractures with bones showing
- Overdoses or poisoning
In the case of a minor emergency, you can hold your place in line, and rest in the comfort of your own home.
From the moment you enter our doors, SSM Health’s emergency specialists will begin developing your diagnostic plans to ensure the best care. If you’re experiencing any emergency medical situation, find the SSM Health emergency room location nearest to you.