Vision problems can develop at any point in your life. At SSM Health, our board-certified ophthalmologists and optometrists specialize in diagnosing and treating all types of eye conditions and are pioneers in both medical and surgical treatment of complex eye diseases.
Our team provides a full range of services, including routine eye exams, prescription eye glasses and contacts, and LASIK surgery. Our comprehensive approach to care allows us to catch any issues as early as possible and reduce the risk of long-term problems.
Our ophthalmology department offers the full spectrum of diagnostics and treatment of eye diseases and disorders.
Learn More >
Comprehensive Eye Exams
Regular eye exams are used for detecting and preventing disease, and serve as an invaluable tool in preserving your eye health. Some patients may not notice an eye disease, as it can develop slowly over time. Early detection of any problem is the best way to maintain healthy eyes.
Your eye exam will include a review of your medical history, tests to see how well you see, and screening for glaucoma. We may also perform other tests, including:
- Dilated eye exam: drops placed in the eyes to widen the pupil to see the back of the eye
- Eye muscle test: evaluates the muscles that control eye movement
- Slit-lamp exam: uses a microscope, light, and sometimes, dye, to illuminate the eye
- Retinal exam: looks at the back of your eye, including the retina, optic disk and underlying blood vessels
- Refraction assessment: determines your prescription for eyeglasses
Schedule an appointment at an eye care location
near you today to get started.