At SSM Health Dean Medical Group, our preventive cardiology and rehabilitation services focus on one goal: preventing heart attack, stroke and peripheral vascular disease for our patients. Your visit to the center starts with a comprehensive risk assessment. From there, we work with you to build a customized plan to prevent the recurrence or progression of cardiovascular disease.
Types of Patients We See
We welcome patients both with cardiovascular disease and those who may be at an increased risk for heart attack, including those who have:
- A family history of heart disease
- Complex cholesterol disorders (high LDL, low HDL or high triglycerides) or difficulty taking cholesterol medications
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Metabolic syndrome
- A history of smoking
Schedule an appointment today by calling 608-260-2905 to learn how our team can help you gain control of your health and take steps toward a healthier heart.
Elements of Your Individualized Care Plan
Our approach to patient care is collaborative, working with our patients to promote habits that prevent their heart disease from worsening. Our multi-specialty team will help to improve your health by creating a care plan that fits your lifestyle. In addition to a physical exam and a thorough review of your medical history, your individualized care plan may include:
- Advanced laboratory testing
- Cardiac testing or imaging
- Physical activity counseling with exercise prescription
- Dietary education
- Smoking cessation
- Cardiac rehabilitation for patients with recent hospitalizations for heart disease
- Peripheral vascular disease exercise rehabilitation
- Lifestyle counseling and education
While heart disease is the leading cause of death for both men and women in the US, it can be prevented. By taking proactive steps to control your risk factors and building healthier lifestyle habits, you can significantly reduce your risk of heart attack or stroke. For more information about how you can improve your heart health, please contact us at 608-260-2905.