Our chaplains are available seven days a week from 8 am - 4 pm, offering a listening presence, spiritual support and pastoral assistance in a health care crisis. In addition to our regular daily hours, there is a chaplain on-call 24 hours a day for emergency pastoral needs.
How to contact a chaplain
When you need a chaplain, please contact your nurse, or dial “0” and ask the operator to contact a chaplain for you.
How can a chaplain help?
- Praying with you
- Supporting you through difficult decisions
- Helping you to identify and use your faith resources
- Assisting you in coping with fear, anxiety, and grief
- Providing Sacraments and other religious rituals
- Discussing advance directives and power of attorney for health care
Sacraments & Church Support
Holy Communion and Anointing of the Sick are available upon request. We encourage you to contact your own priest or minister before you go to the hospital, or when you are admitted if it is an unexpected hospitalization, so your own church may support you as well.
The SSM Health St. Joseph Hospital Chapel is located off of the main lobby across from the lobby/registration. The chapel is open 24 hours daily.