SSM Health offers an acute, inpatient psychiatric program for individuals who have a behavioral health disorder that threatens their well-being or the well-being of others. Hospitalization may be needed to allow for a period during which an individual can be monitored closely to provide an accurate diagnosis, to help adjust or determine the appropriate medications, or during an acute episode of temporarily worsening mental conditions.
We understand that making a decision for you or a family member to be under 24-hour monitoring is not an easy choice. Our Admissions Professionals can help you through this process and work with you to decide if this is the best option.
Our inpatient program provides an often needed, stable environment, centered around safety, therapeutic healing and structure.
Adult Inpatient Program Components
- 1:1 consultations with a board-certified psychiatrist
- Multidisciplinary treatment team planning and individual treatment plans
- Medication education, review and management
- Daily programming
- Therapeutic groups
- Daily goal setting
- Life skills and social skills education
- Dietary consultations
- Substance use disorder referrals
- Transition planning