SSM Health's speech and language pathologists provide treatment for adults and children with speech, language, and/or swallowing problems resulting from a medical event or condition. Our therapists will work closely with you to improve your ability to communicate and to provide you the tools you need to compensate for your language difficulties.
Conditions We Treat
SSM Health's certified and licensed speech and language pathologists provide evaluation and treatment services to children and adults with:
- Speech or language delays
- Chewing and swallowing problems
- Cleft palate
- Voice disorders
- Cognitive dysfunction, including learning disabilities
- Tongue thrust
- Aphasia (loss of language - usually caused by stroke or brain injury) and other communicative disorders
- Difficulties with memory, attention, executive function, problem-solving and reasoning
- Speech and language problems resulting from stroke, brain injury and other neurological conditions, including Parkinson's, MS, and ALS.
Your SSM Health team will customize a therapy program to meet your specific needs. Specific diagnostic services may include videofluoroscopic swallowing studies, videostroboscopic laryngeal evaluations, instrumental analysis of vocal function, and standardized cognitive-linguistic testing.
Evaluation and therapy programs may be coordinated with other disciplines within the system and with community agencies, school systems, and family members to assure continuity of care.
How Can I Receive Speech Therapy Services?
A physician referral is required for speech therapy services. If you don't have a primary care provider, please use our provider directory to find a provider that meets your needs.