Pediatric Psychology & Therapy
The Psychology Department at SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children’s Hospital is a comprehensive resource center for children, families, and physicians. Our psychologists care for all aspects of your child’s development and behavior, including social, emotional, cognitive and academic functioning.
Our department is dedicated to family-centered care and offers a variety of services to care for your child. Staff members are committed to promoting positive family relationships and helping each child achieve his or her fullest potential.
Conditions We Treat
From the initial assessment of your child to developing a specialized treatment plan, we provide evidence-based services to suit your child’s unique needs. Common conditions our psychology team works with include:
- Adjustment to medical illness
- Developmental delay
- Underachievement in school
- Learning disabilities
- Attention and concentration problems
- Parent-child problems
- Eating, sleeping, or toileting problems
- Behavioral problems
- Peer relationship difficulties
Services We Provide
Understanding your child and family is the first step. During the initial appointment, a psychologist meets with your child and family, obtains relevant background information and discusses your concerns in detail. Then we will work with you to develop a plan of care that meets your needs.
Psychological testing is available to assess your child’s developmental, intellectual, academic and emotional functioning. Test results and recommendations are fully discussed with parents.
Therapy provides families with ongoing support and direction in managing emotional and behavioral difficulties of childhood and adolescence. We offer a full range of therapeutic services including:
- Individual psychotherapy
- Family therapy
- Parent child interaction therapy
- Interpersonal therapy
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Trauma focused cognitive behavioral therapy
- Integrated treatment for complex trauma
- Acceptance and commitment therapy
- Cognitive behavioral therapy for eating disorders
- Family based therapy for eating disorders
- Comprehensive behavioral interventions for Tourettes and tics
- Comprehensive behavioral interventions for insomnia
Our services don’t stop at traditional therapy programs. We’ve developed supplemental programs to help our patients through many life circumstances. The psychology team works closely with you to customize a treatment program that responds to your child and family’s specific needs, including:
- Assessment and intervention for difficulties arising in infancy and early childhood
- Evaluation for autism spectrum disorders through the Knights of Columbus Developmental Center
- Evaluation and treatment for feeding disorders by the pediatric feeding team
- Evaluation for learning disabilities
- Developmental testing
- Psychological testing
- Neuropsychological testing
With the right support, we equip your child and family with the necessary tools to overcome or manage their condition at any age. Contact our pediatric psychology team today to discuss your concerns and see how we can assist your family during these formative years.