Pediatric Psychology & Therapy
Our psychologists are experienced in identifying and treating a range of conditions in children and teens. We take a family-centered approach to help your child cope with life’s challenges during every stage of life.
Offering comprehensive services to care for all aspects of your child’s development and behavior, our team focuses on social, emotional, cognitive, and academic functioning. The psychologists and psychiatrists your family will work with offer informative, diagnostic services and therapeutic treatment to promote positive family relationships and empower children to achieve their fullest potential.
Personalized Treatment for a Range of Psychological Conditions
From the initial assessment of your child to developing a specialized treatment plan, we provide evidence-based services to suit your child’s unique needs. Common conditions our psychology team works with include:
- Adjustment to medical illness
- Developmental delay
- Underachievement in school
- Learning disabilities
- Attention and concentration problems
- Parent-child problems
- Eating, sleeping, or toileting problems
- Behavioral problems
- Peer relationship difficulties
During your child’s first appointment, one of our psychologists will meet with you and your child to gather background information and discuss your concerns in detail.
We will conduct advanced testing to assess your child’s developmental, intellectual and emotional wellbeing. Based on the results, we share key recommendations and develop a plan of care that’s best suited for your family’s healing.
We provide your child the ongoing support and direction needed in managing emotional and behavioral difficulties throughout the developmental years. We offer a full range of therapeutic services including:
- Individual psychotherapy
- Family therapy
- Parent child interaction therapy
- Interpersonal therapy
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Trauma focused cognitive behavioral therapy
- Integrated treatment for complex trauma
- Acceptance and commitment therapy
- Cognitive behavioral therapy for eating disorders
- Family based therapy for eating disorders
- Comprehensive behavioral interventions for Tourettes and tics
- Comprehensive behavioral interventions for insomnia
Additional Psychology Department Programs
Our services don’t stop at traditional therapy programs. We’ve developed supplemental programs to help our patients through many life circumstances. The psychology team works closely with you to customize a treatment program that responds to your child and family’s specific needs, including:
- Assessment and intervention for difficulties arising in infancy and early childhood
- Evaluation for autism spectrum disorders through the Knights of Columbus Developmental Center
- Evaluation and treatment for feeding disorders by the pediatric feeding team
- Evaluation for learning disabilities
- Developmental testing
- Psychological testing
- Neuropsychological testing
With the right support, we equip your child and family with the necessary tools to overcome or manage their condition at any age. Contact our pediatric psychology team today to discuss your concerns and see how we can assist your family during these formative years.