General Pediatric Surgery
Cutting-Edge Care with Compassion
SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children’s Hospital is one of 26 centers in the nation to be certified as a Level I Children’s Surgery Center – the highest designation possible – by the American College of Surgeons. This verification means that our hospital meets the highest level of safety standards and outcomes as determined by the American College of Surgeons.
Our surgical team is designed to manage routine to highly complex cases. All our surgical team members are trained in specialized care of children.
At SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital our SLUCare Physician Group board-certified pediatric surgeons provide state-of-the-art surgical care to children from before birth through young adulthood. Our pediatric surgeons offer expertise in:
- Cancer surgery
- Fetal and EXIT procedures
- Gastrointestinal surgery
- Neonatal surgery
- Trauma surgery
We understand that children are not simply small adults. Our pediatric surgeons collaborate with experts across the hospital to ensure your child receives the individualized care he or she needs. In addition, we are committed to using the latest minimally invasive techniques to help your child recover more quickly and with less pain.
Conditions We Treat
Our pediatric surgeons provide care for a full range of conditions from the minor to the highly complex, including:
- Chest wall deformities, including pectus excavatum and pectus carinatum
- Childhood obesity
- Childhood tumors, including Wilms tumor, neuroblastoma, and teratomas
- Inflammatory bowel disease, including ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease
- Congenital anomalies, including gastroschisis, omphalocele, tracheoesophageal fistula, anorectal malformations, intestinal atresia, Hirschsprung's disease, cystic lung lesions, congenital diaphragmatic hernia
- Pediatric hernias, including umbilical hernias, inguinal hernias
- Pyloric stenosis
If your child requires surgery, you can trust the pediatric surgery team at SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital to provide expert care with compassion. We understand that surgery can be scary, so we take the time to explain your child's condition and what you can expect from surgery. In addition, our child life specialists are available to support your child and your family before, during, and after surgery to help make the experience less stressful.
To make an appointment with our pediatric surgery team, call 314-268-4010.