At SSM Health, our podiatry specialists (podiatrists) diagnose and treat a wide variety of diseases and disorders of the feet. We treat both adults and children, and specialize in geriatric and diabetic foot care. Our podiatrists, also known as Doctors of Podiatric Medicine (DPM), have specialized training in surgery and treatment of the lower extremities.
Conditions We Treat
You may be referred to a podiatrist for medical treatment or surgery if you suffer from conditions that affect the feet, such as:
- Arch support problems
- Foot or ankle trauma
- Foot malformations
- Hammer toes
- Running injuries including heel pain, Achilles tendonitis and tarsal tunnel syndrome
- Ulcers and wounds
Our podiatrists work closely with SSM Health Rehabilitation Services to develop physical therapy regimens to strengthen muscles, correct gait, increase range of motion, and maximize function in the feet and ankles. They also may take impressions of the feet to make orthotic devices to treat specific foot or walking problems.
Special Interests and Procedures
- Diabetic foot management
- Overuse injuries of the foot and ankle
- Geriatric foot care
- Pediatric foot and gait concerns
- Management of chronic foot wounds and infections, including diabetic ulcers, venous stasis, athlete's foot and other fungal problems
- Podiatric sports medicine
- Reconstructive foot surgery
- Foot and ankle trauma, such as fractures and sprains
Get Off on the Right Foot
At SSM Health, we’re proud to provide excellent care tailored to your specific needs. Why not get started toady? Contact us for more information or to set up an appointment. We would be happy to help you get back on your feet.