SSM Health Pharmacy, located on Fish Hatchery Road in Madison, Wisconsin, is a full-service pharmacy accepting prescription refill requests 24 hours a day. Refills may be picked up at any of our SSM Health Pharmacy locations or mailed to your home. Upon request, a call is made to you once your order is ready. Our pharmacy team also offers specialty services to help patients with chronic or complex medical conditions manage their medications. Our SSM Health Pharmacists are always ready to answer questions, provide assistance, help you save time and make sure your medications are exactly right.
We accept most insurance plans, including Dean Health Plan.
If you need to transfer your prescriptions to SSM Health Pharmacy, simply call the pharmacy or prescription center location nearest you and we'll take care of the details.
If you need a copy of your SSM Health Pharmacy records, submit a completed Authorization to Release Pharmacy Records Form.
Specialty medications are a vital part of the treatment for many chronic and complex health conditions. These high-cost medications can be hard to manage alone and require personalized coordination between you, your prescriber and the pharmacy. SSM Health Pharmacy works with you and your provider to help you to manage your condition and to make sure you receive the best care possible. Services include:
Review our Specialty Pharmacy Welcome Packet.
- Free delivery directly to your home or to your closest SSM Health Pharmacy.
- Proper packaging, including chilled medications, for stability and safety.
- Same day service for Wisconsin residents is available for emergency needs.
- Refill reminders are sent by phone every four weeks (or every 12 weeks for those who qualify for 90-day refills) to help you avoid running out of medication. You can call the pharmacy at 608-294-3784 or order refills online.
- Insurance verification is done by our trained technicians and insurance specialist. Our staff will work with you and your providers to fill out any needed authorization forms in order to get you your prescription in a timely manner.
- Copay assistance will be offered and applied to all eligible patients in order to provide the lowest copay that is allowed.
- Financial support will be offered to those who cannot afford their copay or who are uninsured. Our insurance specialist and technicians will work with foundations to find help for patients who qualify.
Health Conditions Treated with Specialty Medications
Examples of conditions that may benefit from specialty pharmacy services include:
- Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis
- Growth Hormone Deficiency
- Hepatitis C
- HIV and AIDS
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Psoriasis and Psoriatic Arthritis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
What You Can Expect
At SSM Health Pharmacy, we are here for you. You can expect:
- Medication consults with pharmacists who are skilled in providing one-on-one care to patients with complex conditions. Pharmacists contact our patients regularly by phone to talk about how the medication is working and any concerns about their treatment.
- Lab results and drug interactions checked by pharmacists to ensure medication safety.
- Help when you need it. Our technicians and pharmacists are available Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5:30 pm, to answer questions, address concerns and help manage side effects.
- 24-hour Nurse on Call, available for all Dean Medical Group Specialty patients to help triage any medically urgent questions. They are available by calling the pharmacy after hours at 608-294-3784 or anytime at 800-576-8773.
Payment and Billing
Coverage of specialty medications is subject to the member's formulary and pharmacy benefit package.
If you have any questions about our specialty pharmacy services, please contact SSM Health Pharmacy by email at DCSpecialtyPharmacy@deancare.com or by phone at 608-294-3784 or 800-279-8200.