Getting a Price Estimate
How Much Will My Care Cost?
This question is top-of-mind for many of our patients. Being transparent about the cost of your care is just one way SSM Health is improving health care. Here we provide some resources to help you make a more informed decision about your care and to help you better understand any out-of-pocket costs you may incur.
We know that navigating health care costs can be confusing, so we invite you to call or email us for a personalized price estimate. And if you need help with financing your care, we can start that conversation too. SSM Health is committed to making health care better for you.
Call Us: 844-989-6292
When calling, please be prepared to provide the following information to ensure a quicker response time:
- Patient name and contact information
- Patient insurance information
- Physician ordering test/procedure
- CPT code(s)
- A coding system, defined in the publication Content Procedural Terminology, for medical procedures that allows for compatibility in pricing, billing and utilization review. If you do not have the CPT code for your procedure, our customer care representatives can provide this information with an exact description of the service. If you are unable to provide a description, you can obtain this code by contact your physician’s office.
Items affecting your out-of-pocket expenses:
- The amount of money you must pay annually before your health insurance plan begins to pay for other medical expenses.
- A cost-sharing requirement in which you are responsible for paying a certain percentage of the cost and the insurance company is responsible for the remaining percentage of the covered medical expenses after your deductible is met.
- Also known as a co-pay, this refers to a specific flat fee for each health service.
Items impacting the accuracy of the estimation of liability:
- Accuracy of CPT(s)
- Additional testing ordered
- Patient remaining for observation/in patient after a procedure
- Cost/quantity of medications
- Changes in patient deductible due to timing of insurance claims processing
Note: All estimates are an approximation of your out-of-pocket hospital billing expenses. This does not include any estimation for professional billing (physicians, pathology, radiologists, etc.). If you have detailed questions about how your insurance carrier will process your claim, please contact your insurance carrier. Any estimation of liability is not considered a guarantee of benefits (or coverage of the test under your specific insurance plan).
Our standard charges are available to review during normal business hours. Please contact a customer care representative at 844-989-6292 who can help you understand the services and associated charges.
*Wisconsin region only – Some comparative price information is available through the Wisconsin Hospital Association.