If hip or knee pain is slowing you down, the orthopedic experts at SSM Health can get you back on your feet. Our collaborative approach provides you the latest, minimally-invasive surgical and non-surgical treatments for the full range of hip and knee conditions, including:
- Pain and swelling
- Fractures of the hip, femur and tibia
Through careful diagnostics and advanced techniques, we are able to heal our patients whether their hip or knee pain is mild or severe.
Treating Hip & Knee Pain
If you suffer from hip or knee pain, SSM Health offers many surgical and nonsurgical options to get you back to a normal level of activity. Download your free Guide to Hip & Knee Replacement to learn more about treatment options.
We also welcome you to take this short health risk assessment to see if you could benefit from SSM Health orthopedic services.
Take Health Risk Assessment
Injuries to, and medical conditions of, the hip or knee can lead to joint damage and further disability. When this pain begins to limit your day-to-day activities, it’s best to work with a trained orthopedic specialist.
Non-Surgical Treatment Options
A non-surgical approach is often the first line of defense for hip or knee pain. Depending on your situation, your doctor may recommend one or more of the following treatments:
- Injections: cortisone or hyaluronic acid injections provide relief for mild, chronic inflammation and pain
- Weight loss: reduces stress on your hip and knee, and increases the function of these joints
- Exercise: strengthens your muscles and improves motion and flexibility
- Braces and splints: stabilizes the knee and reduces the pain of arthritis
- Physical therapy: works to strengthen the muscles around your joint(s)
Surgical Treatment Options
For more severe hip or knee pain, surgical intervention may be needed to provide you relief. These options include:
- Arthroscopy: small incisions and specialized tools are used to remove or repair the cartilage or joints. Arthroscopy may be recommended by your surgeon if you have hip pain that is not helped through non-surgical techniques.
- Joint replacement: damaged joint is replaced with an artificial one
- Hip replacement: damaged joint is replaced with metal or plastic implants
- Partial and total knee replacement: damaged cartilage is removed and replaced with metal and plastic
SSM Health Orthopedics has a superior track record in joint replacement. The vast majority of our patients achieve full recovery and do not require additional follow-up surgery.
With onsite imaging technology, diagnostic testing, and surgical suites, we provide the total package. Our full-service operation means you'll receive cutting edge treatment that gets you back on your feet in less time.
Whether you're looking for a second opinion or just beginning your healing journey, give us a call today. Take the next step and schedule an appointment with an SSM Health orthopedics specialist.